Created from actual fingerprints, handprints, or footprints!
This classic money clip has an engraved print and can further personalized with text. Run your finger across the surface of this stainless steel Thumbies memorial keepsake and feel a spiritual connection to your loved one. The engraved print is from their actual print. An instant family heirloom to be passed from generation to generation. Hand-built in the U.S., these money clips are hand polished and given a brushed finish. This money clip holds up to 10 bills and 6 8 cards at one time.
The Money Clip measures: 3/4" W x 2-3/8" L
Thumbies do not hold cremains.
Optional Inkless Fingerprint Kit
Our optional Inkless Fingerprint Kit for Print Cremation Jewelry can be used as an alternative to regular ink. It includes a non-toxic solution towelette, specially formulated paper and easy to follow directions. Simply rub the towelette on the area you wish to capture and then press that area onto the paper. The result is a clear and crisp image without the mess of regular ink. Select under Print Sending Option.
Production Process and Turnaround Time - 3-4 weeks
Step 1. We digitally 'touch-up' prints
We need 2-3 business days to clean, edit and color-balance your prints to bring out as much ridge detail and contrast as possible. Depending on what we receive from you, we may request new prints or better scans. A detailed email will be sent if we need better prints.
Step 2. Prints sent to vendor
We'll send the touched-up prints to our vendor for processing and creation of the piece(s). of the order. The vendor also needs about 2-3 business days to assess print quality before going into production. At this point the vendor may still reject and request new prints or better scans. A detailed email will be sent if the vendor need better prints.
Step 3. Production of print piece
Production of cast print pieces (Thumbies/Buddies) can take up to 3 weeks after step 1 and 2 above.
How do I make fingerprints or other prints?
- Use an ink pad with black ink and a sheet of blank white paper (or use the optional Inkless Print Kit found under "Print Sending Option").
- Select the area of the print that is the most interesting
(for instance, where there may be a swirling in the center).
- Gently touch the ink pad a couple of times and then tap on the white paper (rolling is not advised). Practice until you have a high-quality ink print
(the better the quality of the original, the better the final product will be).
- Scan the print at 600 ppi and save in .jpg or .bmp file format.
- Email the jpg along with your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, mail a hardcopy (please do not send originals documents such as birth certificates, etc.) to Mainely Urns, Inc., 19-B Portland Road, Gray, ME 04039.
If you have any questions, please call 866.516.1296. Stainless Steel Cleaning Instructions:
Stainless Steel will tarnish, it is a natural process of this metal.
- Remove all the residue from the jewelry with a liquid Tarn-X on a soft tissue. Do not submerge any jewelry with stones (synthetic or genuine) in liquid Tarn-X or leave any jewelry in the liquid for any longer than a few seconds.
- Use a silver cream polish, such as Flitz, on a paper towel to remove excess black and tarnish from the jewelry. This process may need to be repeated several times.
- Finally, using a soft cloth towel or jeweler's rouge cloth, polish the jewelry to restore it to its original luster.