Created from actual paw prints, nose prints, or hoof prints!
Run your finger across the surface of this gold Buddies memorial keepsake pendant/charm and feel a spiritual connection to your beloved pet. The clearly defined detailed surface of the embedded print is from their actual paw prints, nose prints, or hoof prints. An instant family heirloom to be passed from generation to generation. Each Buddies is a custom piece of art. Three-dimensional Buddies are crafted from simple ink paw prints, nose prints, or hoof prints using the ancient art of lost-wax casting. A 3D computer imaging program is used to help create a wax mold of the paw prints, nose prints, or hoof prints from a scanned ink print. Our artisans meticulously sculpt the print to perfectly mimic the original.
Can be engraved with two lines of text with up to 10 characters and spaces per line.Earring size: 1/2"W x 5/8"L
Does not hold cremains.Optional Inkless Fingerprint Kit
Our optional Inkless Fingerprint Kit for Print Cremation Jewelry can be used as an alternative to regular ink. It includes a non-toxic solution towelette, specially formulated paper and easy to follow directions. Simply rub the towelette on the area you wish to capture and then press that area onto the paper. The result is a clear and crisp image without the mess of regular ink. Select under Print Sending Option.
Production Process and Turnaround Time - 3-4 weeks
Step 1. We digitally 'touch-up' prints
We need 2-3 business days to clean, edit and color-balance your prints to bring out as much ridge detail and contrast as possible. Depending on what we receive from you, we may request new prints or better scans. A detailed email will be sent if we need better prints.
Step 2. Prints sent to vendor
We'll send the touched-up prints to our vendor for processing and creation of the piece(s). of the order. The vendor also needs about 2-3 business days to assess print quality before going into production. At this point the vendor may still reject and request new prints or better scans. A detailed email will be sent if the vendor need better prints.
Step 3. Production of print piece
Production of cast print pieces (Thumbies/Buddies) can take up to 3 weeks after step 1 and 2 above.
How do I make the prints?
For a more detailed instructions, click here
- Use an ink pad with black ink and a sheet of blank white paper (or use the optional Inkless Print Kit found under "Print Sending Option").
- Select the area of the print that is the most interesting
(for instance, where there may be a swirling in the center).
- Gently touch the ink pad a couple of times and then tap on the white paper (rolling is not advised). Practice until you have a high-quality ink print
(the better the quality of the original, the better the final product will be).
- Scan the print at 600 ppi and save in .jpg or .bmp file format.
- Email the jpg along with your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, mail a hardcopy (please do not send originals documents such as birth certificates, etc.) to Mainely Urns, Inc., 19-B Portland Road, Gray, ME 04039.
If you have any questions, please call 866.516.1296.