Created from actual fingerprints, handprints, or footprints!
Run your finger across the surface of this sterling silver Thumbies memorial keepsake pendant/charm and feel a spiritual connection to your loved one. The clearly defined detailed surface of the raised or embedded print is from their actual print. An instant family heirloom to be passed from generation to generation. Each Thumbies is a custom piece of art. Three-dimensional Thumbies are crafted from simple ink fingerprints, footprints, or handprints using the ancient art of lost-wax casting. A 3D imaging program is used to help create a wax mold of the fingerprint, handprint, or footprint from a scanned ink print. Our artisans select the area of fingerprints that carry the most definition and meticulously sculpt the print to perfectly mimic the original.
Add a matching chain in sterling silver, 14k white or 14kyellow gold. Add one or two synthetic birthstones. (genuine birthstones are also available - please call for prices - 866.516.1296). Synthetic stones, as well as some genuine stones, are pictured in the inset above. Need a matching Charm Bracelet? Click here
Can be engraved with three lines of text with up to 12 characters and spaces per line.Chains
Any charm can be made into a pendant with the purchase of a chain. Box chains are available in sterling silver and Anchor chains are used for both 14k yellow and 14k white gold. Extra length chains of 20", 24" and 30" are available in all three metals. Sturdy lobster claw clasps are used on all chains, cords, and bracelets.Leather Cords
Leather cords give a youthful look when combined with your favorite charm. Sturdy lobster claw clasps are used on all chains, cords, and bracelets. 18"Star of David Charm size: 3/4"W x 1"L
Does not hold cremains.Optional Inkless Fingerprint Kit
Our optional Inkless Fingerprint Kit for Print Cremation Jewelry can be used as an alternative to regular ink. It includes a non-toxic solution towelette, specially formulated paper and easy to follow directions. Simply rub the towelette on the area you wish to capture and then press that area onto the paper. The result is a clear and crisp image without the mess of regular ink. Select under Print Sending Option.
Production Process and Turnaround Time - 3-4 weeks
Step 1. We digitally 'touch-up' prints
We need 2-3 business days to clean, edit and color-balance your prints to bring out as much ridge detail and contrast as possible. Depending on what we receive from you, we may request new prints or better scans. A detailed email will be sent if we need better prints.
Step 2. Prints sent to vendor
We'll send the touched-up prints to our vendor for processing and creation of the piece(s). of the order. The vendor also needs about 2-3 business days to assess print quality before going into production. At this point the vendor may still reject and request new prints or better scans. A detailed email will be sent if the vendor need better prints.
Step 3. Production of print piece
Production of cast print pieces (Thumbies/Buddies) can take up to 3 weeks after step 1 and 2 above.
How do I make fingerprints or other prints?
For a more detailed instructions, click here
- Use an ink pad with black ink and a sheet of blank white paper (or use the optional Inkless Print Kit found under "Print Sending Option").
- Select the area of the print that is the most interesting
(for instance, where there may be a swirling in the center).
- Gently touch the ink pad a couple of times and then tap on the white paper (rolling is not advised). Practice until you have a high-quality ink print
(the better the quality of the original, the better the final product will be).
- Scan the print at 600 ppi and save in .jpg or .bmp file format.
- Email the jpg along with your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, mail a hardcopy (please do not send originals documents such as birth certificates, etc.) to Mainely Urns, Inc., 19-B Portland Road, Gray, ME 04039.
If you have any questions, please call 866.516.1296. Sterling Silver Cleaning Instructions:
Sterling Silver will tarnish, it is a natural process of this metal.
- Remove all the residue from the jewelry with a liquid Tarn-X on a soft tissue. Do not submerge any jewelry with stones (synthetic or genuine) in liquid Tarn-X or leave any jewelry in the liquid for any longer than a few seconds.
- Use a silver cream polish, such as Flitz, on a paper towel to remove excess black and tarnish from the jewelry. This process may need to be repeated several times.
- Finally, using a soft cloth towel or jeweler's rouge cloth, polish the jewelry to restore it to its original luster.